I offer training and consultation for workplaces, students, and writers. Whether I’m consulting with small teams or presenting to a full auditorium, I tailor every training and presentation to meet the unique goals of the audience.
As a professor, I prepared students to apply psychological science in the real world. For over a decade, I taught courses including Lifespan Development, Abnormal Psychology, Developmental Psychopathology, Clinical Research Methods, Correlates of Criminal Behavior, and Introductory Psychology.
Competing with social media for students’ attention taught me to transform complex material into clear, engaging presentations. Working with therapy clients taught me to fuse theory and practice, allowing me to offer realistic, effective strategies for change.
Topics for workplaces include:
- Coping with stress
- Building positive habits and working efficiently
- Beating procrastination
- Overcoming perfectionism
- Managing problem behavior
- Working with difficult people
- Understanding brain quirks and cognitive biases that impair decision-making
Topics for writers include:
- Developing good writing habits
- Finding time to write
- Overcoming procrastination
- Crafting authentic characters with psychological problems.
Topics for students include:
- Critical thinking workshops disguised as quests to solve mysteries
- Media awareness workshops teaching students to recognize deceptive information
- Pseudoscience workshops giving students tools to separate myths and scams from true science
Student workshops can be linked to specific topics and aligned with Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.